The University of Maryland's Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct (OCSRM) mission is to support the University’s commitment to a working and learning environment free from sexual misconduct and discrimination. OCRSM was founded in march of 2014 following an independent assessment of the University's response to sexual misconduct, and recommendations made to President Loh by the Joint President/Senate Sexual Harassment Task force in August of 2013.
- Oversee and implement the University’s compliance with Title IX as well as other federal and state civil rights laws and regulations.
- Grievand procedures for resolving Title IX (sexual misconduct and sex discrimination) complaints.
- Monitor outcomes, identify and address any patterns, and assess the effects on the campus climate.
- Collect and analyze information from annual climate surveys.
- Assess, respond, and investigate complaints of sexual misconduct and discrimination.
- Develop and conduct compliance, policy, and prevention training for faculty, staff, and students.
- Promote a sexual misconduct awareness campaign specific to UMD and organize and facilitate campus-wide awareness events.